Ramona Deckers is a Dutch photographer based in Amsterdam. She grew up decidedly blue collar in the provincial town of Venlo in the south of the Netherlands. She studied at the London College of Fashion, has a master's degree in Fashion Journalism and is entirely self-taught in photography.
Deckers specialises in portrait, fashion and beauty photography. Her work is intimate and penetrates the surface; it tells a story and establishes a dialogue with the subject. She mainly works with high-quality medium format equipment, both analogue and digital.
Selected clients include i-D, Glamcult, Polaroid Originals, Calvin Klein NY and ABN AMRO.
Nominations | Awards
- Finalist Magnum Photography Awards 2017
- Finalist Lens Culture Portrait Awards 2017
- New Dutch Photography Talent 2017
ABN AMRO, Brandbase, Calvin Klein NY, Code d'Azur, Correspondant Music, Glamcult, i-D, Jane Magazine, Metal Magazine, Miuse Magazine, Pakhuis de Zwijger/ Stadsschouwburg, Polaroid Originals, Sabato/ De Tijd, Schön Magazine, Scildon, Scotch & Soda, The Five, Vogue Japan, Vice NL.
- Group show: The Intersection, Wieden + Kennedy ad agency, Amsterdam (NE), 4 March - 4 May, 2020
- Group show: The Best of LensCulture Vol. II, Voies Off Festival, Arles (FR), 3 - 8 July, 2018
- Group show: Je n’attendrai pas que l’on me pardonne, Les Rencontres de la Photographie Arles (FR), July 2018
- Nederland Over Later (Scildon), throughout the Netherlands (NE), May - Oct, '18
- Group show: Magnum Photography Awards 2017, The Photographers' Gallery, London (UK), 9 - 18 Oct, 2017
- Group show & Magazine Launch: A Photographer's Journal, Cloud Gallery A'dam (NE), 7 April - 20 May, 2017
- Group show: New Dutch Photo Talent 2017, Art'otel | 5&33 Gallery A'dam (NE), 24 Nov - 29 Jan, '16 | '17
- Shy Lights, Fast-Paced, De Marktkantine, Amsterdam (NE), 19 Oct. - 4 Jan., '16 | '17
- Amsterdamse Meisjes Thuis, Pakhuis de Zwijger, Amsterdam (NE), 1 June - 15 July, 2016
- We Own the Night, Volkshotel, Amsterdam (NE), 31 May - 30 June, 2015
- Transposed, Ashes to Snow Art Gallery, Amsterdam (NE), 1 March - 10 April, 2015
- Made in the USA (Polaroids!), De Hal, Trouw Amsterdam (NE), December, 2014
- Where the Magic Happens, De Hal, Trouw Amsterdam (NE), January, 2014
Interviews | Features
Also Journal, CAP74024, Dazed Digital, Dodho Magazine, Fuuucking Young! Magazine, i-D NE, i-D UK, Metal Magazine x Elzinga Studio, Metal Magazine, Mirror-Mirror, New Dawn, NRCNext/ Handelsblad, Pensioenportretten.nl (+ exhibition), Redpers.nl, Sicky Magazine, Schön Magazine, Sticks and Stones, Teeth Magazine, Zeitjung.de