About | Contact
Ramona Deckers is an Amsterdam-based photographer. Her photographs are raw, uninhibited, and lay bare private moments. Her love of art allows her to get close to her subjects and reach a level of intimacy, honesty and realism which opens the door to a beauty of the natural kind.
Working with analogue equipment forces her to be aware of every frame and invites an element of magic and mystery into the work process. Shooting with available light is important as she wants to show things the way they are, in their natural glory.
Nominations | Awards
- Finalist Magnum Photography Awards 2017
- Finalist Lens Culture Portrait Awards 2017
- New Dutch Photography Talent 2017
ABN AMRO, Balance Music, Brandbase, Code d'Azur, Correspondant Music, DJ Mag, Dreck Magazine, Glamcult, i-D Netherlands, Inditex, Jane Magazine, Marktkantine, Pakhuis de Zwijger/ Stadsschouwburg, Polaroid Originals, Scildon, Shelter A'dam, The Five, Trouw A'dam, Vice, Zeum Magazine.
- Group show: The Best of LensCulture Vol. II, Voies Off Festival, Arles (FR), 3 - 8 July, 2018
- Group show: Je n’attendrai pas que l’on me pardonne, Les Rencontres de la Photographie Arles (FR), July 2018
- Nederland Over Later (Scildon), throughout the Netherlands, first in Rotterdam (NE), May - Oct, '18
- Group show: Magnum Photography Awards 2017, The Photographers' Gallery, London (UK), 9 - 18 Oct, '17
- Group show & Magazine Launch: A Photographer's Journal, Cloud Gallery A'dam (NE), 7 April - 20 May, '17
- Group show: New Dutch Photo Talent 2017, Art'otel | 5&33 Gallery A'dam (NE), 24 Nov - 29 Jan, '16 | '17
- Shy Lights, Fast-Paced, De Marktkantine, Amsterdam (NE), 19 Oct. - 4 Jan., '16 | '17
- Amsterdamse Meisjes Thuis, Pakhuis de Zwijger, Amsterdam (NE), 1 June - 15 July, 2016
- We Own the Night, Volkshotel, Amsterdam (NE), 31 May - 30 June, 2015
- Group show: Lust en Liefde, winner photo contest, Crea Amsterdam (NE), 6 - 7 June, 2015
- Transposed, Ashes to Snow Art Gallery, Amsterdam (NE), 1 March - 10 April, 2015
- Made in the USA (Polaroids!), De Hal, Trouw Amsterdam (NE), December, 2014
- Where the Magic Happens, De Hal, Trouw Amsterdam (NE), January, 2014
Interviews | Features
Dazed Digital, Glamcult, Her Beauty Mag, i-D Nederland (work overview), Kaltblut, M.o.M., New Dawn, NRC Next & NRC Handelsblad (print), Pensioenportretten.nl (online and exhibition), Polaroid Originals, Redpers.nl, Sticks and Stones, Volkshotel, Zeitjung.de.